Sunday, August 31, 2014

Fitztown challenge #51 - Fantasy / Gnome for the holidays

Monday September 1, 2014
 
Welcome to another challenge at Fitztown Challenge #51 - Fantasy
 
OK so is this a fantasy or not?  to me a fantasy is something that isn't real, imagination, many people feel is false.. Well I think Gnomes are fantasy, imagination, false.. so this is my FANTASY card.. LOL
I used the Garden 1 image from the Fitztown store
 
since I had a sentiment that fit with the gnome I chose to make it a Christmas card.. (boy I have made a lot of Christmas cards this past month.... what's one more? )
 
I chose some Christmas papers, it's kind of hard to see the snowflake paper behind the image but yup it's snowflakes. The checkered herringbone red looking paper was perfect for the bottom half and the stripe paper was a little added look. I added the little enamel white dots to give a little more activity to the card. BUT the focal point are those Gnomes aren't they the cutest ever. I love the mushroom that they are hiding under and those cute little faces and happy look, and I am sure the one on the left is wearing Uggs.. (I love my uggs and cant wait for colder weather) It's a really cute digi image and fun to work with.
Hope you play along and load your card to the Fitztown challenge blog and follow the Fantasy theme.
 
challenges:
TSC #44 - atg
4 crafty chicks # 209 - something old/new (old dp new image/enamel dots
Cute card Thursday #336 - atg
Sister act # 72 - atg
Brown sugar #109 - atg
recipe:  garden 1/ft, su base, scrap papers, simon says gnome for holidays, mme dots, copics, my cloud template, ranger ink









6 comments:

Hazel said...

A lovely Christmas card and, yes, the sentiment is perfect for the image. However, I think gnomes are real people so may not fit into the fantasy theme! lol Hazel x PS We have a book on gnomes and it really does sound as if they are around here somewhere.

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Fabulous card Billie love the colour's you have used
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Leanne said...

Love the card, great color the gnome makes me smile...awesomeness! Thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Leanne DT
4 Crafty Chicks

Martha Tucker said...

Just adorable! Thank you for joining us at the stamping chef! Hugs Martha TSC DT

Monika Reeck said...

Cute Image Billie and makes me smile too...Great color combo and nice arrangement...hugs, Monika

Karen said...

Lovely card, thanks for sharing it with us in the Brown Sugar Challenge